Confronting Coronavirus: As per ICMR DG (dated March 17, 2020), India has 3-4 weeks to halt the onset of the stage III. The upcoming 2-3 weeks seem to be crucial to slow down and stop the spreading and confronting coronavirus in India.
Acknowledge the responsibility to restrict it to Stage II by following social distancing and practicing enhanced personal hygiene practices. Over here is a quick checklist of tips and tricks for social distancing at home, workplace and in the public.
Confronting Coronavirus: Tips On Social Distancing At Home
- Prevent visitors at home as much as possible.
- Visit shops sparingly and order more goods and services online.
- Do not panic buy.
- Stock up medicines for chronic conditions in advance for at least 1 month.
- Avoid outings and travel, for yourself and family.
- Hinder children at home, prevent co-curricular classes like dance, swimming, etc. as well as home tuition in large groups.
- Use tissues while using lift buttons and throw them in closed bins immediately after use.
- Avoid visits hospitals, dental clinics, and labs, unless absolutely necessary.
Confronting Coronavirus: Tips On Social Distancing In The Workplace
- Stay at home if you are ill.
- Opt for working from home than going to the office.
- Prefer Namaste or hand-waving over handshaking.
- Conduct meetings via video conferencing or phone call; defer crucial meetings.
- If possible, schedule essential meetings outside, in open air.
- Avoid lunch rooms and eat your lunch at your desk or outside.
- Limit food handling and sharing of food in the workplace.
Confronting Coronavirus: Tips On Social Distancing In The Public
- If you are ill, stay away from others – that is the most vital thing you can carry out.
- In case you need to travel, avoid rush hours and enormous crowds.
- If you are using a cab or taxi service, urge the driver to roll down the windows, wherever possible.
- While eating out in restaurants, ensure a substantial distance (minimum 1 meter) between tables.
- Deferring already planned weddings to a limited gathering, postpone all non-essential social and cultural gatherings and strictly maintain proper social distancing.
Confronting Coronavirus: Additional Instructions Where People Are Distressed
- Care for the sick person at home in a single room with an attached washroom, if possible.
- Keep the number of caregivers to a minimum.
- Mark the door to the sick person’s room closed and, if possible, a window open.
- Both the sick person and the people caring for them, should wear a surgical mask when they are in the same room.
- Maintain distance from other vulnerable family members, such as the elderly (over 60 years of age) or people with chronic illnesses.
Confronting Coronavirus: Takeaway!
Following these actions will reduce the risk to you and to others. Let’s remain watchful and careful for the next 1 month. Also,
- Wash your hands.
- Use a tissue when coughing.
- Avoid touching your face.
For any further queries, contact the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on their 24*7 helpline number +91-11-23978046 or Toll Free Number 1075 or email at [email protected].